Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gaame Summit Approaches!

So, with the Game Summit Summer Skirmish ( http://www.gamesummit.ca/ ) approaching, and finding myself now playing in the 1750pt 40 k tournament, I had better get a list together and test it a bit. Here is what I have so far, and it is all painted:

HQ
Farseer w/ Singing Spear, Fortune, Guide, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones - 138

TROOPS
5 Pathfinders - 120
10 Storm Guardians w/ Fusion gun x2, Warlock w/ Enhance - 132 Dedicated Waveserpent w/ Twin-linked Bright lance, Star Engines, Spirit Stones - 160

10 Storm Guardians w/ Fusion gun x2, Warlock w/ Enhance - 132 Dedicated Waveserpent w/ Twin-linked Bright lance, Star Engines, Spirit Stones - 160

Elites
6 Fire Dragons w/ Exarch w/ Fire Pike, Tank hunters - 131

6 Howling Banshees w/ Exarch, Executioner, War Shout, Acrobatic - 128

Fast Attack
Vyper w/ Starcannon, Spirit Stones - 80

Heavy Support
Fire Prism w/ Star Engines, Holofield - 165

Falcon w/ Pulse Laser, Scatter Laser, Star Engines, Holofield, Vectored Engines - 200

Falcon w/ Pulse Laser, Scatter Laser, Star Engines, Holofield, Vectored Engines - 200

-1746

So, thoughts/comments/suggestions?
I plan to try it out this Thursday night, and report back with another battle report.

Till then......

3 comments:

MattVarnish said...

Looks solid. Though with only one vyper, I think it would become a target, but then again it is only 80 points, and pretty much guaranteed that the unit shooting a turn or 2 at it to down it, will cost more than teh vyper. And he will HAVE to kill the vyper, since it can rush and contest late game.

CA$H said...

Agreed, the idea is that if it is a multi-objective scenario, I hold on, and contest all others starting on turn 5. Vyper will hide/take pot shots till then...

MattVarnish said...

how did your game with Lothlann go?

I am still stuck packing... lame.